Tag Archives: religion
Muslims have been preparing to prevent the spread of illnesses for the past 1400 years…
1. Limited handshaking (especially between the opposite sex, out of respect)
2. Washing a minimum of five times per day which includes, hands, mouth, nose, face, arms past elbows, head, ears, and feet in preparation for worship.
3. Washing private parts with toilet paper AND water after each and every restroom use.
This is in addition to the routine daily showers most people take.
4. Taking a special thorough bath (called ghusl) after intimacy, menstruation, and on Fridays prior to attending the mosque or engaging in worship.
5. Covering of the face to filter dust and particles, as well as to protect women from strangers and harrassment.
6. Quarantining. When a plague breaks out in an area, Muslims are advised to not travel to it, or if they are living there, to stay there in order to stop its spread.
For those people who have caught a Muslim “randomly” washing their feet in a sink on a “random” day…now you know.
“Purification/Cleanliness is half of faith” – Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)