RSS

Category Archives: News

Austria bans distribution of Quran!

Austria bans distribution of Quran!

VIENNA – Austria’s parliament has passed a law to ban full-face veil in public spaces, besides outlawing the distribution of Koran (Quran).

Starting in October, women wearing garments that fully cover the face will have to face fines of 150 Euro ($A225).

The legislative package, which has been introduced for refugees and asylum seekers to make them suitable for Austria, forbids distributing the Koran and requires all migrants to Austria to participate in an integration year during which they would learn German and ethics.

It is not clear yet how the latest move by the Austria would affect people. The measure has been slammed by both political extremes, in some cases for not being tough enough.

A similar ban has been place in France and Belgium since 2011, the Netherlands introduced a partial ban in 2015, and the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, endorsed her party’s call to ban the full-face veil “wherever it is legally possible” last year.

Source

For a free copy of Quran and other Islamic booklets, click here.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on May 17, 2017 in News

 

Tags: , , , , , ,

Christians kill 30 civilians as hundreds seek refuge inside mosque, Central African Republic

Christians kill 30 civilians as hundreds seek refuge inside mosque, Central African Republic

Hundreds of civilians are seeking refuge inside a mosque in the Central African Republic’s border town of Bangassou amid ongoing attacks by Christian militias that have killed up to 30 civilians, Unite Nations officials and aid workers said on Sunday.

The attacks throughout the weekend on the town of Bangassou on the Congolese border have involved hundreds of fighters with heavy weaponry and appeared to be aimed at Muslims, they said, in the latest sign that the multi-year conflict is worsening.

The UN base there has also been targeted, prompting the deployment of extra troops to the remote town on Sunday in anticipation of further attacks. They had succeeded in partly securing the town by dusk, said Herve Verhoosel, spokesman for the UN mission (MINUSCA).

Asked about the civilian death toll, he added: “It is clear that we are looking at numbers that could easily reach 20 to 30.” Many of the fighters are child soldiers who appeared to be under the influence of drugs, he added.

Pastor Antoine Mbao Bogo, the local Red Cross president,  said gunfire continued to ring out from the town on Sunday, blocking attempts by his organisation and others to reach the wounded and recover the dead.

More than 400,000 people in the former French colony are displaced internally and 2.2 million, or nearly half the population, are reliant on aid.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on May 17, 2017 in News

 

Tags: , , ,

China: Muslim girl arrested for tweeting an ayah from Quran!

China: Muslim girl arrested for tweeting an ayah from Quran!
A Muslim woman in China’s troubled northwestern region of Xinjiang has been arrested for posting passages from the Quran and other religious material on social media.

The 26-year-old woman from the Muslim-majority Uighur ethnic group was detained in the city of Korla this week on charges of spreading “extremist religious thought”, Radio Free Asia reported.

“There is extremist religious content that you’re not allowed to repost, and she reposted it; she reposted that kind of thing many times,” an employee at a government-backed extremism watchdog told the media outlet.

They added that posting quotations from the Quran or about God was “against the law”.

The far-western region is the homeland of the Uighurs – a Turkic-speaking group, many of whom complain of cultural and religious repression and discrimination – and is often hit by deadly unrest.

Last month, Chinese authorities released a list of dozens of banned baby names as part of a crackdown on “extremism”.

The banned names include Islam, Quran, Jihad, Hajj, Mecca and Medina – although a full list has not yet been published.

Earlier this year, authorities in Xinjiang announced a ban on beards and burqas, saying growing “abnormal” facial hair or wearing robes that cover the whole body and face were now prohibited.

Human Rights Watch has slammed the measures as oppressive.

“This is just the latest in a slew of new regulations restricting religious freedom in the name of countering ‘religious extremism’,” Sophie Richardson, China director at HRW, said in a statement.

“These policies are blatant violations of domestic and international protections on the rights to freedom of belief and expression.

“If the government is serious about bringing stability and harmony to the region as it claims, it should roll back – not double down on – repressive policies.”

Beijing regularly accuses what it calls exiled Uighur separatist groups such as the East Turkestan Islamic Movement of orchestrating attacks in the vast, resource-rich region.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on May 12, 2017 in News

 

Tags: , , ,

German terrorist carried out bomb attack then blamed Muslims

German terrorist carried out bomb attack then blamed Muslims

Police confirmed on Friday morning that a police tactical response unit had arrested a terrorist named only as ‘Sergej W’ in the Tuebingen area, 30km south of the city of Stuttgart and 450km south of Dortmund.

He has been charged with attempted murder, causing an explosion and serious bodily harm, police said.

After dismissing the Islamist extremist link, prosecutors accused the man of carrying out the attack in order to gain financially.

The Dortmund team bus was targeted with three bombs after it left a hotel to travel to the Westfalenstadion for the Champions League quarter-final first leg against Monaco. Defender Marc Bartra and a policeman were injured in the blasts, which saw the match postponed until the next day.

Source

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on April 21, 2017 in News

 

Tags: , , ,

US’ first female Muslim judge found dead in Hudson River

A groundbreaking jurist who became the first Muslim woman to serve as a U.S. judge was found dead in New York’s Hudson River on Wednesday, police said.

Sheila Abdus-Salaam, a 65-year-old associate judge of New York’s highest court, was found floating off Manhattan’s west side at about 1:45 p.m. EDT (1545 GMT), a police spokesman said.

Police pulled Abdus-Salaam’s fully clothed body from the water and she was pronounced dead at the scene. Her family identified her and an autopsy would determine the cause of death, the spokesman said.

Abdus-Salaam, a native of Washington, D.C., became the first African-American woman appointed to the Court of Appeals when Democratic Governor Mario Cuomo named her to the state’s high court in 2013.

“Justice Sheila Abdus-Salaam was a trailblazing jurist whose life in public service was in pursuit of a more fair and more just New York for all,” Cuomo said in a statement.

The Princeton Encyclopedia of American Political History said Abdus-Salaam was the first female Muslim to serve as a U.S. judge.

Citing unidentified sources, the New York Post reported that Abdus-Salaam had been reported missing from her New York home earlier on Wednesday. Attempts to reach her family were unsuccessful.

A graduate of Barnard College and Columbia Law School, Abdus-Salaam started her law career with East Brooklyn Legal Services and served as a New York state assistant attorney general, according to the Court of Appeals website.

She held a series of judicial posts after being elected to a New York City judgeship in 1991.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on April 13, 2017 in News

 

Tags:

War on Islam, China Uighurs: Xinjiang ban on long beards and Hijab !

Source: China Uighurs: Xinjiang ban on long beards and veils – BBC News

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on April 1, 2017 in News

 

Tags: , , ,

230 muslim civilian martyrs in US-lead airstrikes, Iraq

230 muslim civilian martyrs in US-lead airstrikes, Iraq

While the world focused on London, approximately 230 people are reported to have been killed in what is thought to have been a US-led coalition air strike on an Isis-held neighbourhood in Mosul.

A correspondent for Rudaw, a Kurdish news agency operating in northern Iraq, said that 137 people – most believed to be civilians – died when a bomb hit a single building in al-Jadida, in the western side of the city on Thursday. Another 100 were killed nearby.

“Some of the dead were taking shelter inside the homes,” Hevidar Ahmed said from the scene.

A spokesperson for Central Command, which coordinates US military action in Iraq, told The Independent they were aware of the loss of civilian life as reported by Rudaw and the information had been passed on to the civilian casualty team for “further investigation”.

An estimated 400,000 Iraqis are trapped in the remaining Isis-held areas, the UN’s refugee agency said on Thursday. Those caught up in the fighting face growing food shortages or being hit by crossfire if they try to leave.

Isis has used civilian homes to shelter fighters and weapons throughout the battle for the city, rigging buildings and streets with explosives to impede Iraqi troops’ progress.

The fighting has come at a heavy price for both Mosul’s residents and Iraqi soldiers: thousands of Iraqi civilians have died in the fighting, and a cumulative total of more than 200,000 displaced from their homes.

Source

Update:

A non-profit organization that tracks civilian casualties caused by airstrikes in the Middle East said it has shifted nearly all of its resources to track a surge of claims regarding U.S.-led strikes in Syria and Iraq.
The group, called Airwars.org, had been tracking deaths caused by both Russian and U.S. airstrikes but said in a statement Friday that it was suspending its work on “alleged Russian actions in Syria — so as best to focus our limited resources on continuing to properly monitor and assess reported casualties from the U.S. and its allies.

“Almost 1,000 civilian non-combatant deaths have already been alleged from coalition actions across Iraq and Syria in March — a record claim,” the statement said. “These reported casualty levels are comparable with some of the worst periods of Russian activity in Syria.”

In the last week, three mass casualty incidents have been attributed to U.S.-led forces in Iraq and Syria, making March one of the most lethal months for civilians in the the two-year-old war against the Islamic State.
Last week, U.S. drones targeted what locals deemed a mosque in Aleppo province in a bid to target al-Qaida leaders. U.S. officials said dozens of terrorists were killed, but those on the ground said at least 47 civilians also died in the strikes. The Pentagon denied that there were any civilian casualties but has launched a formal investigation into the incident.

On Monday, a conflict monitoring group, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said a strike near Raqqa targeted a school that was serving as a home for multiple families displaced by fighting in the area, killing at least 33. The Pentagon admitted U.S. aircraft were operating in the vicinity but, according to Pentagon spokesman Eric Pahon, the military is having a hard time rectifying the location of the building that was targeted with what was shown as destroyed on social media.

On Thursday, Iraqi media reported that an airstrike in Mosul killed more than 200 people. The Pentagon is investigating the claims.
After the fall of Aleppo to Syrian and Russian forces in December and the recent escalation of the U.S.-led campaigns against the Islamic State in Mosul and Raqqa, claims of civilian casualties caused by American-led forces have outstripped those caused by Damascus and the Kremlin, according to Airwars.
As Syrian forces advance into opposition-held Hama in central Syria, Airwars has recorded roughly 50 civilian casualty events caused by the joint Russian and Syrian air campaign in March.

According to Airwars, more than 2,500 civilians have been killed by the U.S.-led coalition, which has admitted to killing only roughly 220 civilians. In recent months, the Pentagon said it has taken strides to investigate a backlog of claims while starting to release monthly civilian casualty assessments.

Airstrike monitoring group overwhelmed by claims of U.S.-caused civilian casualties

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on March 24, 2017 in News

 

Tags: , , , ,